Why do I get text messages about Facebook posts?
If you’re receiving email or text notifications about a Facebook account that doesn’t belong to you, it’s possible that someone tried to add your email or mobile phone number to an account, or create a new account using your email or mobile phone number. … Add your email to your account.
How do I turn off text message notifications?
Change global settings
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap More options. Settings. Stop notifications from other apps: Tap Notifications. Turn off All “Default settings” notifications. Get notifications on your phone from Messages: Tap Notifications. Turn on All “Messages for web” notifications.
Will Facebook Send me a text message?
If you’ve set up Facebook texts, you can send a text (SMS) to 32665 (FBOOK) to get notifications without using mobile data. Keep in mind that standard messaging rates apply. You can choose what you want to get notified about from your settings.
Does Facebook charge for SMS notifications?
Cost. While Facebook does not charge you to receive SMS alerts, your cell phone provider will.
Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
If your Android is constantly notifying you of new or unread text messages that don’t exist, it’s usually due to your messaging app’s cached or saved data. Sometimes these issues will clear up automatically upon receipt of a new message, so try asking someone to send you a message first.
How do I block incoming text messages on my cell phone?
How to block text messages on Android
- Start the Messages app and tap a message that you want to block.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top right of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Details.”
- On the Details page, tap “Block & report spam.”