You can find these privacy settings on the Privacy tab of your Messenger account. Open your Messenger app. From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left. From the menu, tap Privacy.
How do I change my Facebook Messenger settings?
You can learn how to change your Facebook Messenger settings by following a few steps.
- Open the Messenger application on your Android device.
- Press the menu button on your phone.
- Tap the “Settings” option.
- Tap the “Alerts” item to set Alerts as “On” or “Off.”
How can I change who can message me on messenger?
Change who can send me friend requests, leave me comments, or send me messages
- Go to privacy settings. …
- Under Who can contact me, use the sliders to select a level— No one, Some Messenger friends, All Messenger friends, Messenger friends and their friends, or Everyone.
- Click Save.
What does privacy mean on Messenger?
This means that any message you send on Messenger could be seen or intercepted in plain text. If you truly care about your privacy, you would never use a messaging app that is not end-to-end encrypted by default such as Facebook Messenger.
How do you change Messenger settings on iPhone?
The settings for Messages let you personalize the way iPhone alerts you that you have messages and offers some options for composing messages. To open Settings for messages, tap Settings→Messages. You’ll have to scroll down because Messages is a little way down the list after iCloud.
How do I stop Messenger messages from strangers?
On Facebook Messenger: Open a chat with the person > Click the “i” icon in the top right > Choose “Mute,” “Ignore Messages,” or “Block.”
Can you message a stranger on messenger?
You can send a message to anyone on Facebook, regardless of friend status or privacy settings. The only exception applies to members you’ve blocked and those who’ve blocked you. Filtering preferences may inadvertently cause messages to go unseen, even though they have been delivered.
Can anyone contact me on messenger?
Anyone you are friends with, closely connected to, or have chatted with on Facebook can send you messages through the app. Everyone else you haven’t chatted with can only send you message requests, which you can accept or ignore.
How do I turn on privacy on Facebook?
How to change your Facebook privacy settings
- Open your General Account Settings page and select Privacy in the top left.
- From there, you’ll be able to see who has access to what you post. …
- Click Edit to customize your posting privacy settings.
Is Messenger safe for privacy?
Protecting your privacy
We’re dedicated to making sure Messenger is a safe, private, and secure place for you to connect with the people who matter. To do this, we’ve built tools that allow you to stay in control, secure your account, and stay safe on the platform.