I don’t like this change, even though Facebook has added some privacy precautions (for example, if you set your picture to “Only Me,” strangers won’t be able to see likes, comments or photo data associated with the photo — just the photo itself). …
What happens if I set my profile picture to only me?
What you need to do is change the privacy setting of your profile pic to viewable by “Only Me”. That means your friends and the general public will only be able to see the thumbnail version of your profile pic, they will not be able to click on it and like it or comment on it.
Can I hide my profile picture from certain friends on Facebook?
Click “Custom” option in the privacy menu to block only certain people from seeing your profile pictures. Enter a name in the “Hide this from” field to stop that user from seeing the photos — names entered in this field must be on your friend list. Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the window.
Does your Facebook profile picture have to be public?
Your current profile picture and cover photo are public, so they can be seen by anyone on or off Facebook. … When you add or change your profile picture or cover photo, they can appear in a few different places on Facebook: They’ll be posted on your profile and may show up in your friends’ News Feeds.
How can I lock my FB profile pic?
Click on your profile picture to view it. Click on the options to the bottom left and click on “Turn on Profile Picture Guard” from the popup. Once this is done, your Facebook profile picture will be locked with a badge indicating that the profile picture is locked.
How can I lock my Facebook profile?
Lock Facebook profile via mobile app
- Open the Facebook app and tap on your profile.
- Tap the three dot menu icon next to ‘Add to Story’
- Here, you should see a Lock Profile option, tap on it.
- The next page will give you a brief on how it works with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom, tap on it.
How can I hide my Facebook profile from someone without blocking them?
On his profile page, tap the three dots button; Tap Friends and then Edit Friends List; Now, from the options shown, you pick Restricted; Tap done and you’re done.
How can I hide my Facebook profile from everyone?
How Do I ‘Hide’ My Personal Facebook Account?
- Login to your Facebook profile, and click the arrow in the upper right corner of the Facebook page. Then, click “Settings”.
- In the menu on the left, click “Privacy”. …
- Under the “Your Activity” section, edit “Who can see your future posts?” and change it to “Only me”.