The image below illustrates the ‘new’ Facebook Chat sidebar. To (temporarily) disable this sidebar, scroll to the bottom of your screen and locate the “cog” icon (see image below) and click it. Select Hide Sidebar from the list of options.
How to Disable the Slide Over Sidebar on iPad
- Open the “Settings” app on iPad and go to “General” section.
- Choose “Multitasking”
- Flip the switch next to “Allow Multiple Apps” to the OFF position.
- Exit the Settings app as usual by pressing the Home button.
Tap the side bar button to show the side bar. You can drag the side bar button to another position on screen. The side bar button is turned off by default. You turn on the side bar button using the Virtual Desktop page in iPad Settings.
This wikiHow teaches you how to hide the list of contacts that appears on the right side of your Facebook news feed. All you’ll need to do is click the three dots at the upper-right corner of the sidebar and toggle the “Show contacts” switch to the Off position.
To get rid of the sidebar tap the solid blue bookmark icon above the reading list. TThank you, Bob, it worked!
How do I get rid of the floating screen on my iPad?
How to Close a Floating Window on iPad
- Tap and hold the center button on the floating screen, then drag it down toward the bottom of the screen.
- When the floating screen tries to merge into a split screen view, release it.
- Then drag the split screen divider to the right or left to close the desired screen.
Hold down the Ctrl key, keep it depressed, and using the mouse click File and then Exit on the menu bar.
The Facebook sidebars, also known as the right or left side columns, appear on either sides of your news feed. The sidebars contain both important information and easily accessible actions that a Facebook ads company will always rely on.